IPAF celebrates its 10th year anniversary and the 7th IPAF Summit and Conference, 20-22 September 2023, Bali, Indonesia
The Asian Development Bank, Perusahaan Pengelola Aset (PPA) and the Indonesian Ministry of State-Owned Enterprises co-organized the 7th IPAF Summit & Conference on “Stronger Recovery through Regional Financial Cooperation” held in Hotel Merusaka Nusa Dua, Bali, Indonesia.
The event assessed the current global financial stability, its risks and vulnerability to future shocks. The discussion also covered the implications of surging NPLs to financial stability and the collective measures needed to sustain stability.
The IPAF's 10th year anniversary celebration kicked off the event.
IPAF Welcomes Its Most Recent Member, Deposit Insurance Corporation of Mongolia (DICoM)
DICOM participated in the recently concluded IPAF Summit & Conference held in Bali, Indonesia and was welcomed as the IPAF’s 17th member.
Founded on January 10, 2013, DICoM is a state-owned, nonprofit organization that functions as an independent government agency in Mongolia. DICoM aims to create an international standard deposit insurance plan that would protect the financial stability of Mongolia and boost public trust.
DICoM offers deposit insurance fund investments, premium collection from member institutions, and payout settlement.
ADB Commences the IPAF 2nd Feasibility Study
The Asian Development Bank and the International Public Asset Management Companies (AMC) Forum (IPAF) are collaborating on a project toward strengthening Asia’s NPL markets through the establishment of an electronic NPL trading platform. This platform would possibly enable cross-border transactions between IPAF members and investors in addition to domestic transfers of NPLs.
Building on the general insights of the first study, the second feasibility study will focus on the implementation details in Viet Nam by identifying technical, legal and regulatory challenges that need to be addressed prior to establishing an NPL trading platform.
ADB and IPAF co-organize an International Conference, NPL Report Launch and IPAF High-Level Coordinating Council Meeting
The Asian Development Bank and the International Public Asset Management Company Forum (IPAF) hosted the International Conference on Regional Cooperation for Safeguarding Macroeconomic and Financial Stability on October 27, 2022, at ADB Headquarters in a hybrid format with sessions streamed via Zoom.
Simultaneously, the report on “Road Map for Developing an Online Platform to Trade Nonperforming Loans in Asia and the Pacific” was released and a high-level Coordinating Council Meeting from IPAF member institutions from the People’s Republic of China, the Republic of Korea, Thailand, Viet Nam, Kazakhstan, Indonesia, Malaysia, and Mongolia concluded the event.
Mongolia Asset Management Corporation LLC (MAMCO) joins IPAF
IPAF has welcomed its 16th member, Mongolia Asset Management Corporation LLC (MAMCO) as one of its General Members and among the sixteen institutions from eight Asian countries.
MAMCO was established on 30 August 2017 and has been operating to test its activities in connection with ‘Asset Management’ and ‘Debt Recovery’ within the current legal framework.
MAMCO had been initially incorporated as a subsidiary of Savings Bank LLC which now owns 90 percent of its shares and with Bank of Mongolia (BOM), owning the remaining 10 percent. Mr. Enkhtur Minjuur, the Chief Executive Officer is in-charge of MAMCO.
ADB and KAMCO co-host the 7th IPAF Training Seminar
IPAF virtually conducted its 7th Training seminar on June 2022 with the theme “Seeking New Mechanism Addressing an Upsurge of Nonperforming Loans in post-COVID 19 Era.”
The seminar equipped more than 150 participants from 12 developing member countries and 22 financial institutions including central banks, ministries of finance and asset management companies with a timely suite of training sessions to enhance their understanding and appreciation of various mechanisms to address rising NPLs.
7th IPAF Summit and Conference, Bali 2023
Stronger Recovery through Regional Financial CooperationHost/s: ADB, BUMN and PPA
Venue: Hotel Merusaka Nusa Dua, Bali, Indonesia
Date: 20-22 September 2023
8th IPAF Training Seminar, Jakarta 2024Host/s: ADB, BUMN, DANAREKSA and PPA
Venue: Menara Danareksa Ballroom, Jakarta, Indonesia
Date: 22 - 23 April 2024